SSLM offers a variety of continuing education opportunities, available to anyone interested in enhancing their knowledge in the area of liturgical music, whether you are a conductor, singer, reader, or just interested in learning more. These include workshops, bootcamps, and symposia on various related topics, in collaboration with local parishes on an invitation basis.
Some of our past parish-based events include:
- Intonation Bootcamp in Methuen, MA
- Intonation Bootcamp in Washington, DC
- Eight-Tone Saturday workshop in Nanuet, NY
- Liturgical Music Symposium in Washington, DC, under the auspices of the Synodal Liturgical Music Commission
- Liturgical Music Symposium in Blountville, TN
Through this program, SSLM faculty prepares a two-to-three-day curriculum based on the specific needs of the inviting parish, in collaboration with the parish rector and choir conductor. For specific details, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
The school also occasionally offers a Continuing Education Program as part of its regular July summer session, in which alumni are able to further enhance their knowledge during a week of intense study and participation in the life of the school and the monastic surroundings.